Submitted: 12-19-2004 by zager

Update on my earlier review. I have had my Pungo a year now. Cons - the plastic does seem to scratch up easily, but hull is thick enough to not seem a threat. Speed - I can cruise all day at 3.5 MPH, push it hard to 4.5, then the wall is there (I weigh 170). Pro - Very comfortable, especially if you are paddling, floating, fishing, paddling, etc. Holds a line really well for a 10 foot boat. I added a flush rod holder and more decking bungees. Very good initial stability - you have to tip over on purpose.

Secondary stability is more difficult - first, you ARE NOT locked in, the cockpit is so large that you have minimal contact with it.

Definitely need a spray skirt - at least the mini. The full skirt will keep you dry in the rain and under major waves - but you have a 50/50 chance of it staying on if you roll over (I have the basic nylon full skirt - too much cockpit to cover).

But - this is the perfect small kayak for fishing, knocking around, and FUN. Kids and adults love it for a first time ride.