Submitted: 12-14-2004 by Ghowe

If you read my review of the Futura Blade I mentioned that we wanted a second Futura for my wife well we received our new S1-X kevelar/carbon just a few weeks ago. As we live out of the country we had a overseas shipper damage the boat, so with the help of Vince Darwood from Futura we were able to make a invisible repair that's left the vessel like new again. It was interesting to get a better look at the quality Vince's crew puts into building this craft, and as a Marine engineer I was very impressed as were my fiberglass tech's here.

After that it's been in the water most every day as the companion boat to My Futura blade. The S1-X is very, very fast and the stability for my wife has not been an issue. Last weekend I was allowed to take her boat for a little test spin....Wow fast, but the seat is much deeper then the Blade and even though I'm only 165# I had to pad my butt up about 2" so my hip bones wouldn't jam on the sides of the seat well....ouch! The boat was still very stable even with the padding and I managed to beat my best flat water times.

Overall this is a great boat and very well built, Vince is a great guy to work with that has bent over backwards for us several times and always delivers.