Submitted: 12-09-2004 by dawgr

I bought my 15' Coleman RamX 7 years ago. I'm part of a group that floats at least once every weekend in the summer, sometimes more. We also float in the winter time with no worries about overturns in this boat. The rivers that we float are shallow and slightly swift and with this boat it moves over the shallows even with a load where other canoes such as aluminum and old towns have the occupants getting out dragging. This boat shows very little wear after 7 years and is never stored inside or babied on the water. It is a bit heavy and that is the reason for the 9 rating, but it works well on moving water and is definitely good for several different uses. I have an aluminum canoe also and it is used for a loaner as I always use the Coleman myself unless my father comes along, then I let him use it due to ease of use.