Submitted: 11-29-2004 by mikeveg
I purchased a new 2002 Merlin a month ago for 400.00 total cost..... not a bad deal. The boat is totally basic, and the plastic is really soft, but she tracks well (maybe almost too well) and is pretty quick. And not too bad in a light chop, although wind will kick her off course a bit unpredictably. I've added a nice adjustable seat, and am looking for a big round hatch to fit the rear deck molded in recess. I'm giving the boat a 6 rating, but that is not an insult at all..... I bought her to see if I'd like it (I DO!), I was on a budget, which I met, and I expected to put about 100.00 more into her, as I am busily doing. A great boat to have around, and to introduce new folk to the sport. Now..... if she were 2 feet longer, 4 inches deeper, with softer chines, and a kevlar reinforced multi-bulkheaded hull...... oops, that's the next one!