Submitted: 11-22-1999 by John LeBlanc

I put myself to sleep dreaming over the Old Towne catalog and the Canadienne for about 5-6 years while saving my $$$ to buy one. By then I was convinced it was the ultimate canoe. The side profile was what a canoe should look like also. About that time OT quit making them. I was heartbroken and started looking for a used one. I mentioned this to the secretary of a canoe club I had just joined and she told me they had one for sale.

A match for both of us. To make a long story short, it's mine now. I refinished the wood trim and replaced the caning on the seats. A word of caution when storing them upside down. Drill a small hole in the brass cap to allow the water to drain out lest the wood inwales soak it up and rot. I replaced a short section when refinishing the wood and it looks like a factory job.

Handling is a dream come true. It's fast, very fast, carried a load well and responds to the slightest nuance of the paddle. It also gains initial stability if loaded well. I am headed to Quetico in July 2000 for 21 days and the Canadienne will lead the charge. She always does.