Submitted: 11-21-2004 by dickvipp
The Autumn Mist was my second solo boat and my favorite and most used of the various canoes I have owned. As a heavy duty flatwater tripping boat it is superb. It will handle heavy water very well, will carry a surprising load, tracks well, and is very quick, considering its length. The sliding seat, which is adjustable up and down as well as back and forward, and adjustable foot rest allow great trim control for various load and wind conditions. It is remarkably stable and I have ridden out some pretty dicey squalls in it.

As one other reviewer stated, the sliding seat can be a bit of a potential hazard when carrying the canoe over your head, but that can be easily eliminated by clamping a simple spring-loaded woodworking clamp to the rail just behind or in front of the seat when it is in either the full back or front position. This will secure the seat when you are carrying the canoe.

As an all around flatwater solo canoe, I find it hard to imagine a better boat, especially when carrying a heavy load.