Submitted: 11-18-2004 by Wade

I purchased the FIRST pair of OOC J Cradles! Then I wound up working for them! I have put somewhere north of 10,000 miles CARRYING BOATS on my OOC Js. Everything from whitewater boats, to two 16 foot poly boats to Nova Scotia. If you have a poly boat, the padding is fine. I also prefer the way they install and remove to the other brands, and how easy they are to fold down out of the way (Taller cars in parking garages WILL hit) - I would give them an 10 if they could be a lot better than the Yakima Js... I would say the OOC cradles are better for wider boats than the competition, especially whitewater boats, and people who will fold them down often, but some of the other brands do have better padding. I also like how the slots in the top 'hold' the strap while you fidget; Yakima and Thule, the strap just falls to the bottom!