Submitted: 11-17-2004 by ES

I cannot speak more highly of the design, performance, or beauty of this or any other pygmy kayak. Every single aspect of them is absolutely outstanding.

Here's the one thing-everything pygmy says about how long it will take and how easy it is, is.... more than stretched. I think I will spend that long just sanding, by the time I'm done with mine. I can't say I'm a decent woodworker, though, and I am doing just fine in building it, albeit by trial and error and cutting and sanding my mistakes.

But, I've paddled several others, and I absolutely, absolutely cannot say a bad word about anything about the boat itself.

I can say one thing that's related, though. You're shooting yourself in the foot to paddle, let alone build, such an incredible boat, and not have the paddle to go with it. I know, I know, it's hard to spend half as much on the paddle as the boat itself, but seriously, anybody paddling the equivalent quality boat in composites would insist on a carbon fiber paddle, and they didn't build their boat. If you must get wood, the lightest wood paddle that pygmy sells is pretty good, although still hindering such an awesome boat. I'd recommend a Kalliste, by Werner, to go with a pygmy.