Submitted: 11-17-2004 by Jack Early

I have had this canoe for about one year and have enjoyed paddling, rowing and driving it under the power of my 5hp Mercury Outboard engine. While not an expert in canoes, I have no problems turning this flat bottom canoe with either my 7' oars or with paddles. I have gone down rivers with it and hit rocks very hard with the canoe loaded with camping gear. It just bounced off the rocks, no problem. With the outboard, I made my own bracket and have clocked it at 15mph. At that speed, with my 5hp, it is quiet enough for normal conversation. Once up on a plane, it gets quite stable. In order to get it to plane, I put my 60lb son in the front seat while I sit on my knees near the first cross member. It runs almost flat on the water. In order to turn, we just lean to one side and it turns a nice 50' radius turn. It acts just like a giant single water ski!