Submitted: 11-16-2004 by Bugzee-m

I bought this Kayak based on my needs and have been paddling it for over 1 year. I am 6í1, have long legs and I like to do tours from 2 days or up to a week or more. So basically Iím looking for a bigger, (especially longer) cockpit and lots of dry storage. I have no trouble getting in and out of my yak and having a higher deck line means I can move my legs around to avoid circulation problems. My legs used to "go to sleep" in some other yaks, but not anymore. I use an inflatable camp cushion to really make it plush.

With no sprayskirt on my 6yo daughter can sit comfortably between my legs and we have a great time together on short paddles.

This kayak holds a ton of gear, I usually end up carrying friends gear...(mmm maybe not a plus point). Itís a "floating backpack" that can carry enough gear, food and water to be self contained for a weeks trip as recently completed in the Seto inland sea here in Japan. Empty or laden the boat handles and tracks well. I have a rudder which is a must, especially laden.

This yak is so stable that you can relax when paddling even in waves or chop. Other boats I have had/used in the past were more "nervous" feeling adding to your fatigue level.

Past reviewers have said that the boat is slow. I have not found this to be the case. Compared to my friends sea kayaks it is NOT any slower. Once moving, itís quite easy to maintain speed. Empty, I won both the informal point to point races we had between friends recently. They were paddling a WS Tempest 165, a Cobra Expedition SOT and an Adventure 445. Iím not saying that this is a raceboat or anything but for the job of extended or day touring it is a very comfortable, stable yak and would recommend to the bigger/taller kayaker.

Bending Branches: