Submitted: 11-15-2004 by wjlatsha

I bought the Garmin, eTrex, LEGEND GPS about 2 months ago. I was afraid to buy a "cheaper" GPS, because I am used to using an Aviation Based GPS, when I fly full scale airplanes.

I am totally impressed with everything this little GPS can do. And what is does, it does well! I could go on for hours raving about this, but I won't.

It shows speed in tenths of a mile per hour, or knots if you like. It keeps track of distance paddled and shows the speed and heading at the same time. You can also customize the display screens to show many other criteria you may want to see. It also keeps track of the track you paddled in the Map Section, so you can go back and see where you paddled, or follow it back home.

I even dropped it in the water for a moment when getting out of my kayak, and the battery compartment didn't get any water in it. It appears to be very water resistant. The 2 batteries seem to last a long time too.

I like the display quality, and the fact that it comes with the computer cable to download new maps.

I want to let you know that this little unit covers about everything you would want from a hand held GPS. It puts my older Aviation unit to shame! It is one incredible little GPS.