Submitted: 11-14-2004 by 1951henryb

The Strike is maybe my 6th or 7th sit-on-top; heck maybe 10th, and it sits among a few sea kayaks in my garage. It's the most single-use, dedicated sit-on-top I've ever owned. It's for surfing. And I've had more fun with it than I have ever had with any sit-on-top. I traded for a Wilderness Systems Kaos, another surf-oriented sit-on-top, a few years ago, and using it didnít turn me on to surfing with plastic at all. I borrowed a friendís Strike a couple months ago to surf with a friend who wanted to try my waveski, and I went right out and bought one.

I have some trouble with my neck which resulted in several fused vertebrae, and I'm not planning on chasing my skills up to big surf. I stick to stuff below 4' and look instead for longer, outside, rides. But I love this boat. I think this is Cobra's best design ever; in fact I hear it was designed by a waveski designer. Other boats come and go in my garage, but I don't think I'll ever get rid of this one. It is balanced, strong, and so much fun. The hard rails hold faces really well, it does cut backs acceptably although not nearly as well as the waveski, it bounces out when I slide down over the top - which is a lot of fun, and it rises over the whitewater to exit pretty well with either a back or forward stroke.

If youíre interested in surfing with plastic, get this one.