Submitted: 11-14-2004 by 1951henryb

I guess I can rate this a 10 as it is clearly the best of giant, 3-man sit-on-tops, being the only one. I've taken a few kids with me to escort swimmers racing off La Jolla a few times, but this boat is mostly our play platform on our lake. I've seen 8 high school kids float off around the point, some standing, some diving off, etc. Where else are you going to get a boat that can do that? I've also paddled it alone, seated in the middle, for workouts. Lots of work, too. This big barge is SLOW, but you won't buy it to race with.

It's been a fishing boat, a diving platform, concert seating down on the harbor, and once a garbage skow in the bay. Carrying this boat on a car is a drag. Have very wide-spaced bars or avoid it. It's 80 or so pounds will feel like a lot more loading it alone in any wind.

Being that I own this boat mainly so we can all have more fun at our lake, I've avoided the labor of hauling it often by chaining it through a drain hole at the lake and just forgetting about it. The poly material has been in the sun for three or four years, and it's not showing yet. And it's so clearly fun for us that there are now three or four Triples at the lake.