Submitted: 11-14-2004 by Eric Raits

I got turned on to this kayak by a knowledgeable and experienced sales person and went by his recommendation and my gut feeling. Several weeks of paddling have resulted in nothing but delight. I can find nothing wrong with this boat and am going to give it to my girlfriend and buy the Tarpon 120 for myself so we can do some mini expeditions. It's stable and relatively quick, tracks well and the quality is high in every aspect. I fitted a trolling motor to it as an experiment. The motor mount is three cedar 1x4s glued together and is attached to the boat using 1 1/4 dowels fitted into two scupper holes. The mount is light and simple. The boat performed well under power. I bought it for a photography platform but now plan to use it for fishing in Biscayne Bay as well. We both love her.