Submitted: 11-09-2004 by Miles

I'm very impressed with my new S1-X (carbon/kevlar lay-up). I wanted a boat that was fast enough to compete seriously in solo adventure races, but stable enough that I could actually paddle it! Having paddled a few other surf-skis I was expecting a learning curve for this boat of weeks or months. However, within 5 minutes of jumping in for the first time I was able to put down full power and also keep up with my buddy in his much tippier Futura Inferno. The S1-X feels a little tippy when you first get into it, but you soon get used to that, and realize that the secondary stability is great. The S1-X tracks very well, and turns quickly. Our season up here in Alberta is over here for this year (too much ice on the lakes and rivers now), but I can't wait to get out and race this machine next year.