Submitted: 11-02-2004 by Mark

I bought 2 of these Mainstream Tangos last autumn at the Sports Authority. I was going to buy one at $400, but when I realized they "end-of-season-clearance" priced at only $200 I bought two of them. I don't expect they're as quite as good compared to kayaks costing over $1000/each, but for we've found them to be very good, and LOADS of family fun. And for $400 you'd be hard pressed to get a family of 5 on the water on kayaks for less money.

We have 3 children under the age of 8 and we all fit on these two kayaks comfortably. We don't got out on two day trips, but we take them to the lake and paddle to small island and go turtle watching for a couple of hours at a time. We'll be taking them to Florida soon.

We've enjoyed them and consider them a great kayak, even at the regular price. For a young family, they are GREAT!