Submitted: 11-02-2004 by rfpurdy

This is a well made kayak with the fiberglass layup. It is fast and tracks very well in all conditions. I don't use the rudder and am considering removing it. There is a marked tendancy to pearl due to the low volume bow when surfing steep waves but holds a line well when surfing across the face of large surf. Rolls easily with a "c to c" type roll but difficult to do layback rolls due to the relatively high back. Excellent primary stability and moderate secondary stability. Turns ok when put on edge. Good touring kayak that I've used for up to 2 week long trips on the west coast of Vancouver Island. I'm 5'10" 155 lbs. and this boat fits me like a glove without any extra padding. I really like the thigh braces. I think that this is a good kayak for the novice to intermediate skill level. Experienced kayakers will find it a bit stiff in handling.