Submitted: 10-17-2004 by Dave

I've had my sternwheels for a couple of months now and I like them. At first I had problems getting them to stay on but then I attached a couple of bungie cords from the axle to the combing of the cockpit of my kayak (14.5' Perception Carolina also a 13.5' Perception America). This works great. It doesn't slip and best of all I get my kayak from the car to the water and back. I think it is easier than having someone carrying the other end of the kayak. The wheels are lightweight and fit inside the rear water tight compartment on days that I don't have a lot of other stuff in there. Sometimes they slip and the wheels rub but after a little adjustment I'm ready to go again. I imagine that other wheels work better but all of the other carts that I have seen are significantly more expensive.