Submitted: 10-15-2004 by waterboot

I've paddled a glass Gulfstream for 2 years and find it to be a terrific kayak. It has an excellent combination of good tracking (gliding in a straight line) and maneuverability. Easy to make sharp turns by edging the boat. With interest, I noted that several other reviewers mentioned a leaky hatch problem. The Gulfstream usually comes standard with KajakSport hatches and covers, which are among the finest in the industry, in my opinion. However, the paddler must make sure to add a bungee cord around the groove of the hatch cover for a water tight seal. I've paddled in rough water, executed some 15 or 20 rolls in a day, and, as an instructor, demo assisted and unassisted rescues in which the kayak is upside down for periods of time, and have never experienced a leaky hatch on my Gulfstream with the hatch cover bungee in place. Great boat!