Submitted: 10-12-2004 by BobbyB

I was looking for a versatile boat I could paddle solo as well as take my wife and 3yr old occasionally. I also wanted a relatively light boat I could easily carry myself and load on the car top racks. After considerable research, I decided on the Royalex Solo Plus. I have paddled solo several times and find the tracking OK but not great but I'm light at 155 lbs. It tracks much better with some weight and with my wife up front and my 3 yr old son in the middle, it does fine. We have had many pleasurable afternoons exploring some of the backwater creeks on the Chattahoochee River near Bull Sluice Lake in Atlanta. This canoe works great for this purpose even though it was not intended for three. I have also tandem paddled the upper Chattahoochee from Buford Dam to Abbotts Bridge when the water level was high and encountered several class 2 rapids. No problems but did take a bit of water over the bow. This is not a whitewater boat but can handle some minor whitewater if you need for it to. I'm happy with the boat and the versatility it has and look forward to a lot of good times with it.