Submitted: 10-06-2004 by keith.l

I purchased my Nova Craft Prospector 16 early this spring, in a new material called Blue Steel, which is a laminate consisting of Spectra cloth (which is stronger and lighter than Kevlar) Carbon Fibre and Kevlar, it is suppose to be about the toughest laminate on the market, (I'm yet to prove this) but has stood up very well. It's ridged and very responsive, great on rivers, and with the keel (optional) tracks well on lakes with very few correction strokes, great all round versatile canoe. And at 48lbs it's a joy to portage. I have yet to find a fault with it, it even looks great. I've been told by someone at a start of a trip, "this is the best looking canoe I have ever seen." What made the initial decision easy was the great, knowledgeable, friendly and helpful staff, with no pressure to buy, at the factory/showroom here in London Ontario -- Great service.