Submitted: 10-04-2004 by Bonneville

Follow-up after extended usage. While I repaired the broken seat slide with the part the dealer provided, the design is faulty. Give a good foot push (like a power sweep), and you're back a couple notches. This is a problem in heavy stuff, since your knees are then out of the pockets. The boat could really use thigh hooks. The seat sits a bit high, which seems to contribute to leg numbness. Also, in the somewhat forward position required to get your knees in the pockets, there's considerable space between your back and the lip of the cockpit, more than most spray skirts can accommodate. I emailed the maker about this problem with this model and received a reply to move the thigh hooks back. I replied it had none. The response was to have a skirt custom made.

They advertise that it's rollable, so I think it should be easy to fit with a skirt in the right position. The skeg popped out at an inopportune time, turned out the control cord unknotted. An easy fix, but the jam cleat does is not in a convenient place and does not function that well. Also, the forward fitting is placed to take some knuckle skin from time to time. I think the skeg is a waste on this boat, so it especially bothers me. The aft hold continues to take on water.

On the plus side, I like the way the boat handles, but it would be great with a little rocker. The bow flare seems to keep it from diving and helps it surf. It moves out pretty good for a boat its size. I still think it's a fun boat, and some of the flaws can be remedied with some backyard engineering and aftermarket gear, but for the premium price, I'd expect more competent design and execution.