Submitted: 10-04-2004 by Nancy Pace

We are 55 and 57, good swimmers and athletes and occasional recreational boaters. We took a day-long kayak course and after shopping awhile, found QCC on the web. We weren't in love with any of the other boats we tried, liked the sound of the quality, value, and free tryout of the QCCs--and, to be brief--we are thrilled with our choices (my husband bought a Q700X, I bought a Q600X.) We spent a month in Wisconsin "trying them out" on local lakes, in average conditions--calm, wind, chop--and loved every minute. They were so fast, so maneuverable, and we always felt safe and competent. We had a wonderful time and are so happy to have discovered this sport and QCC. Our kayaking friends admire their quality and then fall in love with their handling. We are eager to join up with Chesapeake Bay and lake paddlers now that we're back home in MD, and to improve our skills. My husband is happy with his new kind of workout, being outdoors in the peace and nature, and being companionable. I'm also thrilled with my kayak's personality--like the horses and bicycles of my youth--peppy, energetic, beautiful, responsive, freeing, fun, fast.... We were completely pleased with every contact with QCC--they are great at answering questions and no hard sell--and would return the opportunity we were given to show a prospective MD buyer our QCC boats. Ours are graphite/kevlar because I don't want to wimp out lifting them as I get older.... Thanks QCC!