Submitted: 10-02-2004 by John

I just bought the Tempest 170 in Kevlar and wanted to tell all that it is definitely worth the extra $$. It weighs approx. 50 lbs. which is 10-12 lbs. lighter than the plastic version. It handles like a dream. I have had 3 other boats of various lengths and found that after a short time in the water my feet would start to fall asleep. This boat is so comfortable that I am fine even after an hour and a half. The cockpit is snug in a good way.Wonderful hip pads with removable shims for a custom fit. The thigh braces are also adjustable. It feels like I am "wearing" the boat. I was surprised to find out that it has great initial and secondary stability. I can really edge in this boat. I knew I liked the features of this boat, so any of the versions would have been good. I chose the Kevlar version for the weight. I cartop and I'm not getting any younger.

MTI Adventurewear: