Submitted: 09-29-2004 by AndyLee

I agree that the seat can be uncomfortable, I traced the problem to not enough adjustability in the back band, so I shortened the adjusting strap and brought the seat back firmer against the small of my back and was much more comfortable. Others have questioned the built in keel, which is recessed, and as far as I can tell no more grabby on river rocks and ledges than any other plastic bottom. As for turning, the Saluda does require more effort than other boats in her class, namely the Necky Santa Cruz which will turn on a dime with a quick flick of the paddle. The Saluda is a pig on flat water if you're in a hurry. Her nose dives and she sends up a bow wake that is quite hard to push against. Another concern is the high coming, I have to hold my paddle hands higher to keep from bumping. There are better boats in this class and in this price range, but the one I most prefer is the aforementioned Necky Santa Cruz, and no, I have no connection with Necky, I just admire their boats.