Submitted: 09-27-2004 by BKM

Just got the new Pamlico 135T - it has the new Phase 3 Lite seats (I think it is a 2005 model - was just built and shipped to my dealer per my order) which are just like phase 3 except the back rest does not adjust up/down. The back rest does provide nice support in its fixed position. I took my 7 year old down a calm river and it paddled with ease and tracked great - especially since I was in the back and weigh 230 and he at 50 was up front. It turns on a dime. Adjustable foot rests are a nice feature. Def more than 55 pounds but not hard at all to put on the car solo especially with the help of a Yakima boat loader. I had my 3 and 5 year old out individually at a nearby lake and it handled the "boat/jet ski wake" chop well both in stability and tracking. I did not get the rudder and am convinced it is not needed - although it may help when 2 adults that are not in sync get to paddling it.