Submitted: 09-24-2004 by willie

My Manitou found its way into my collection last weekend and I couldn't wait to get it into the water. My interest in kayaking began five years ago and last year, together with another dedicated individual, we began a kayak and canoe club for kids. We have several kayaks in our collection including River Runners, Mainstreams and Paluskis (which I had personally paddled). An 8 hour expedition on the Saugeen River near Walkerton, Ontario made up my mind about wanting a new kayak. Based upon the advice of a local kayak instructor, I purchased the Manitou. He assured me that this was indeed his kayak of choice, and highly recommended it. Although the same length as the Paluski I had paddled for the past several years, I found that the cockpit, which was 6 inches longer made entry much easier. As an avid photographer, my concern was a place to safely store my camera, which the Manitou offered. Paddling the Manitou is a dream. It seems very stable and tracks very well and I found the seat to be very comfortable. I have a feeling that I am going to enjoy this little boat for a long time to come.