Submitted: 09-24-2004 by mstimler

I bought the boat used for $300 for freestyle. While it is not a particularly pretty boat (with the plastic trim) and a bit wide for my purposes it is great for the money. The boat is light and roomy for a 13-foot plastic boat. It is stable and can be turned 360 degrees in its own length without too much trouble. I took the seat out to be able to move around and it seems to work fine without the extra structure. The bottom does tend to oil can, but then the boat is light and wide. The only other boat that I can find that is close is the Flashfire, which is three times the price and has that bubble on the side. I will probably get one as I get more serious with the freestyle, but the Solo 13 is a lot of bang for the buck. A rugged, light, inexpensive boat which I do not mind leaving on my car all the time, or scraping the bottom.