Submitted: 09-23-2004 by MAT

I got a great deal at Sam's on their last renegade and am I glad I went for it. This is a very stable kayak for the ocean/surf environment. I have mine rigged for extreme "just off the beach" fishing. The renegade is pretty quick and tracks well in the waves. I can't see a very large person liking this boat due to the fairly small foot well. I'm 5'10" 175# and it fits me perfectly, but I'm at the second to last molded foot rest. Long legs would feel cramped in there I'm sure. I put mine in the swimming pool to see exactly how stable it was and I was amazed. You can move around all over the thing when floating. I sat Indian style on the bow and stern...sat sideways...rocking it around with no problems. I had to ditch the paddle and make the thing flip over in the pool. Getting the renegade flipped back over in deep water and then boarding it is absolutely easy. Also, at 53 pounds it is a breeze to load on top of my blazer by myself.