Submitted: 09-18-2004 by jackL
I have had my 700 for about 3/4 of a year now. Every one else has listed all its good features, and I whole heartedly echo them. Instead of listing them I will mention the two things I don't like about it. Both my front and rear hatches leak. Phil has tried to rectifiy it by sending me new rubber gaskets, but as far as I am concerned there is no excuse for a yak that costs that much to have leaky hatches. I don't like the way the rudder sticks up in the air when not in use. I hardly use my rudder. It is just a crutch in horrendous conditions, so most of the time it is up. When turning in small streams and swamps, it has already snagged on bushes. Other than the above, it is a keeper, and if it were not for those two items, I would rate it a ten. I am 5'9", 150 pounds, and it fits me and handles like a glove in all conditions.