Submitted: 09-16-2004 by jmcphoto1
All literature and hang tags list a 1 pound, 12 ounce weight (28 ounces), mine is 33 ounces, 18% heavier than advertised. Still the lightest 100 buck paddle around. Bought mine online from CKS, and they charged oversized shipping of $24, I measured and weighed shipping box and got $7.00 by FedEx Ground which they used. I feel this is a rip off and will be my last CKS purchase. Also they gave no choice on grip width, I appear to have gotten the wide grip, which puts my hand in the water when leaning for a turn. Wish I had known Gaylans locally had the paddle with narrower grip for the same price, and no shipping ripoff. Wish the feather was a few degrees more, but have tried the adjustable feather paddle and fastener always snaps open during use, no matter how much adjusting screw is tightened.

MTI Adventurewear: