Submitted: 09-15-2004 by Douglas Lynch

I live in Cincnnati and own property in Key West where we spend the winters. Due to space limitations in KW, I wanted a couple of inflatables to use in both places. I bought the Dragonfly 1 thinking it would be a good choice for my wife. After using it once we knew we had made a mistake. PROS: easy to inflate, lightweight. CONS: overrated as a river or bay use kayak, horrible tracking ( my wife is 5'4'' 135# and with each stroke it darts to the left and right). In my opinion it should be advertised to be used by young teenagers on very calm days on small ponds. I notified Advanced Elements for advice about the tracking and they recommended using smaller paddles and taking easier strokes. Imagine that in any kind of a wave. At $300.00 list I would recommend spending a few more dollars and purchasing a kayak much more substantial like the Stearns. Needless to say I returned it.