Submitted: 09-14-2004 by E. A. Collins

This is the first kayak I have ever purchased...or used for that matter. My very first time putting my new Kestrel 120 in the water turned into a beautiful seven hour voyage on the Brandywine Creek/River. What a great day. The Kayak and I went from being complete strangers to extensions of one another in the course of that time. The speed possible in this craft was completely new to me. I found it to be a great tracker, and extremely responsive. It handled chop very well, and can be paddled upstream with ease. The seat required me to shift often over the course of the seven hours, but that is probably to be expected. I did a lot of research and think I bought the perfect kayak for my needs. I can't wait to get back out on the water!

Perhaps I should add that at five foot eight inches and 180+ pounds, this kayak fits me like a glove. When on the foot pegs, my feet touch the bottom and top of the hull. Anyone larger may want to consider the Kestrel 120 High Volume which gives an extra inch of depth and two extra inches of depth.

OS Systems: