Submitted: 09-13-2004 by wc

I rented a Tarpon 120 at Hilton Head Outside in NC. My first outing was in the lagoon system throughout the complex I was staying at. Since I passed at least one alligator, stability was an important issue for me. This is one stable yak. I was in the boat for over two hours, and had not problems with comfort. The adjustable seat back worked well. The next several outings were off the beach, and again, I was pleased. Through the surf, this boat was easy to paddle, and I caught some terrific rides back to the beach. Sunburn on my inner calfs was an issue, but otherwise a SOT is the way to go. I am a big guy, 6'2" 260. I will buy the Tarpon 140 for the extra room, but this boat sold me on the SOT. Most of my paddling happens in the Adirondack lakes of New York, but I live near the ocean and the versatility of this boat will increase my paddling time. I have a used the Pungo 120, this boat is going to my son.

Bending Branches: