Submitted: 11-08-1999 by amberglow

I am surprised to see such low ratings on this boat. My wife and I have both loved our Spectrum and have paddled it in the Gulf with the porpoise, taken it down local Florida rivers and raced it in lakes. Perhaps people who think it doesn't track well are used to longer boats and don't recognize this boat for what it is. It is a short touring boat so isn't designed to track as well as a longer boat but having started with whitewater boats I have never had any problem with the Spectrum and have always bragged about how well it tracks. I recently placed 6th in my devision racing it on a 4 mile run in competition with both longer and shorter boats. And at age 48, I was in competition with largely younger more agile paddlers. It is lightweight so very easy to carry and tote on most vehicles and allows for considerable storage. This is a fast,lightweight boat that is ideal for long day trips and I highly recommend it for day excursions in the Gulf of Mexico even though its design is more suited for lake and river trips-hence its best feature-it is the most versatile boat I've ever owned.