Submitted: 09-08-2004 by flashart

I purchased this boat a few weeks ago (along with its OT Sport twin the Kruzer) and have taken it out 4 or 5 times, under windy conditions as well as calm, on small ponds, medium sized lakes, and mild rivers, and have not found much to complain about. The seat is very comfortable. The length of the 111 allows for easy steering, while the V hull keeps it always pointing in the direction I wanted.

I am 6' and 225 and am very comfortable in this boat. I have carried kids (6 to 8 year olds) with me and the boat maintains its stability very well with the additional weight.

The issues I found are minor annoyances. There is a black ring of plastic on the inside rim of the cockpit which comes loose very easily. It can be reseated just as easily, but I do not think it should have to be done regularly.

Another annoyance that I found across the board on the OT models that I looked at was that they have no drain plug. I found the part for a few dollars on the internet and will be putting it in over the next few weeks, another thing that the manufacturer could and should offer as a standard option.

The last item is that the rear T handle drags in the water which creates some extra noise when paddling. All are minor issues that are easily lived with, for the versatility and stability that we have found with these boats.