Submitted: 09-07-2004 by holmes375
I've got a few hundred miles on my Molokai now and really like the paddle. My boat is a WS T-165, I'm a 50 year old, 6'2" paddler. My Molokai is a 220cm, RH at 60 degrees. I paddle year round and would like to see more defined indexing at the grip area of the shaft for glove use. The Molokai catches and exits nicely for me and my stroke. Bracing is great with this big blade and screw rolls are a cinch given the high amount of boyancy the Molokai delivers with the sweep stroke. The Rocky Mountains are hard on paddles, especially the blades. The Molokai is holding up very well in this regard. Shaft union remains nice and snug.

All in all, my favourite paddle, having aced out my Kauai. A great blade for the energetic paddler or a larger paddler who likes a relaxed cadence with dramatic forward propulsion. Caution: The Molokai is aggressive enough in the water that one's forward stroke needs to be in tune in terms of torso rotation. Don't try to 'arm power' this paddle. Pleasant waters to ya.