Submitted: 11-08-1999 by amberglow

This is a somewhat short(13'10") touring kayak that is lightweight (45# ) and great on lakes and rivers though it also handles well in the gulf. While it is supposed to be for smaller lighter weight paddlers, I am 5'9" 180# male and took it out for a trial out of curiosity. I fit snugly but comfortably in the cockpit and the boat paddled beautifully. I knocked a full 5 minutes off my best time on a 7.5 mile lake paddle around an island. It beat out an Edisto, Carolina, Spectrum, and Prism for speed. It paddles easily and I think its lightweight contributed to my fast trip as well as the fact that I was much less tired after paddling than with other boats. I am amazed at the performance of this boat and suspect that we will all be hearing more about it in the coming months. I plan to use it in my next triathalon. The shorter length gives is a better handicap and it tracks very well. Ideal boat for lighter paddlers who want to carry gear and for folks in my wt range who want a good exercise and day excursin boat. Bravo!