Submitted: 09-02-2004 by drdsj

I purchased one in Kevlar with the standard seam. It took alot longer that they quoted from order date to delivery...about 12 weeks opposed to the quoted 6-8. My boat came off the production line in Winona MN. The boat is everything I expected in performance. The storage is the driest I've delt with. After many rolls, the front stayed bone dry, and the rear had less than a tablespoon of water. My complaint would by workmanship. The hull is fine, the seam join is poorly done, not very straight and bonding looks inconsistent. The deck gelcoat is very thin, and some small air pockets that have broken in show the kevlar plys underneath. I also notice one that has been repaired...but is quite obvious. I have not seen such imperfection on other typical manufacturers. I'm pleased with the kayak design and features. I'm displeased with the finished construction and delivery time.