Submitted: 09-01-2004 by WJL

Being the type of person who likes to build things himself, I put off buying a pre-made cart for my kayak. Also being a busy person, I never seemed to have the time to make one. So I bought the Small Paddleboy Stern Cart. I have a 17'8" fiberglass Kayak which weighs 55 Lb, so it is a bit heavy to carry alone any distance.

Overall I am very happy with it. I park at the marina wherever there is a space, put the cart on the stern, and grab the bow handle and pull the boat to the water. I push the bow out into the water, and most times get the cart off without getting it wet! It collapses small enough for me to put it inside the rear compartment (I put a towel there in case it does get wet), and off I go. When I come back to the ramp, I get the cart out, lift the stern out onto the ramp area, and slide the cart into place. I must say it works well, and does the job I ask of it. It stays in place on hard surfaces and grass pretty well. I do think the tires would be too narrow for sand, but they do make a different model for that use.

My only complaint was the price. I paid $98.00 for it, and for what it is, I think it is a bit over priced,. BUT... It seems sturdy and should last a long time. I guess my back is well worth the money I spent. Would I buy one again after using this? Yes!