Submitted: 08-31-2004 by wet_one
This is an update on my previous evaluation. We are still very satisfied with our aquanauts, however I have one caveat. The backband is held in place with four straps and they have no give to them. In spite of adjusting them in a variety of ways I always had trouble with the backband when rolling. Eventually the lower straps ripped through the seat when I was doing layback rolls. To solve this I use one strap on each side and thread it through the upper and lower strap support on the backband. After this I attach the straps to the rear bulkhead with bungee cord. This arrangement works great. It holds the backband in place, and when you roll or lay back the backband moves with you and returns to normal when you have finished. Other than this small problem we have no complaints. The kayak rolls easily, handles wind and waves easily and is comfortable for hours at a time. A great boat.