Submitted: 08-26-2004 by daniellord

I have owned a Dolphin for two years and use it fly fishing in small and big lakes and bays for big fish--Striped Bass, Salmon, and Halibut--and small fish--Trout and Black Bass. It is a fast, stable (secondary stability), good turning (reponds well to leaning which is why newbies and big folk call it 'tippy'), has ample room, handles chop and wind very well. The drawbacks I note are among the same ones others have: small forward hatch, small handles. I'll add the tight neoprene secondary covers--I find them a pain to get back on whiel on the water in chop. I am thinking of having some made that are more loose and I can tighten with an elastic draw cord and cordlock. I need that access to put rods and gear in for surf launching and then pull out after launch which is my next big step in fishing--the Big Blue.