Submitted: 08-26-2004 by pkb

This tandem kayak was also sold by BoatU.S. as the Cruiser Sport. It is 12' 2" long, 30.5" wide, and weighs 65 lbs. As such, it is one of the smallest and lightest tandem kayaks one can buy, and importantly to me, I can thus load it onto my minivan's roofrack myself. (It is rather amazing to me that the actual specifications do not match those on the Mainstream website or the Manufacturers Statement of Origin document.) I find the kayak very comfortable and the various little features such as paddle or fishing rod holders quite handy. The boat is stable and with two paddlers will move right along. I say that because most of the time I am with my 4 1/2 year old son who loves to be in the boat but paddles only sporadically. Tracking is reasonable but not great. When one quits paddling, the boat tends to drift. At the list price of $499 (at Bass Pro Shops), this kayak is worth considering.