Submitted: 08-25-2004 by Spunner

Tried many, many boats and the price, performance, dealer service was just to good to pass up! Had a plastic sea kayak for a few years but needed (wanted) more performance, many boats cost $300-$1000 more than the serenity Sport but not warranted the extra $$$$. First boat I've used a skeg instead of a rudder, trust me go with a skeg, less hassle, less money and just plain works better. I'm 5'10" 180 and I fit perfect in this boat, has good initial stability and outstanding secondary stability. With skeg up it turns on a dime, skeg down and tracks wonderfully, no weathercocking with skeg down. I sail mainly on L.Ontario and handles wind and waves with confidence. Speed is par with longer boats and have no probs keeping up with the 18'plus yaks. Finish is very good and with a three year warranty you can buy with confidence.