Submitted: 08-24-2004 by jeepguy2

I rented one of these for a couple of hours of paddling in San Francisco Bay last week. I was very dissapointed in this boat. There was no place comfortable to rest my feet. Instead of having adjustable footbraces like the WS Tarpon it has molded in notches. I am sure these are fine if one of the notches is in the right place for your feet...they weren't in the right place for me. Also paddling into a wind was a struggle with this boat. It feels like a barge compared to my WS Pungo 140, is not as fast, and doesn't track as well either. Waves also splash over the bow soaking your feet, and water ponds in the bottom of the foot notches. This is fine if the water temp is 75 or 80 degrees, but the water in San Francisco Bay was 58 degrees. BRRRRRR Good thing I was wearing neoprene booties!

The one thing this the boat does have going for it is that it is extremely stable. I think it would make a great fishing platform. I would definately reccomend that anyone considering this boat also consider the WS Tarpon.