Submitted: 11-01-1999 by MKC

I just purchased the Scanoe about 3 days ago. I was looking for something that could be placed on the car and put in the water without a boat launch or trailer. I have a powerboat but that requires alot of forethought and time to just get in the water - also it is very loud for nature watching. The Scanoe is a little heavy and unweildy to put on the car but once there it is fairly stable. At the water it comes off the car and can be pulled to the waters edge and pushed in. It is somewhat tippy to get in and out of. However this weekend it did not tip over (although it did spill me over the side) Also, it needs (in my opinion) to be weighted with sand bags or something when just one person is riding in it. The front rides fairly high in the water and it does not track all that well. It did seem to me to be fairly fast and easy to paddle. I covered much more of the lake then I would have thought and was not very tired. All in all, I am still finding out what works for me but I am happy with the start!