Submitted: 08-20-2004 by blksheep

I set out to purchase a tandem kayak, i got a WS Pamlico 135T (please read my review on 135T). i saw a demo Tarpon 120, so i tried it out. i felt in love with it. its so easy to paddle, tracks well and goes fast.

i compared that with the Tarpon 100, 120 definitely tracks and performs better. when compared with 140, the performance different wasnt that noticable. but 140 would be too much a chore to put on top of my Honda Element. i think 120 is a good balance between the performance and the ease of transport. and the bonus for me is that i got this demo at the price of a Tarpon 100.

the seat looks cheap, but its very comfortable. plenty of storage in the front hatch and the storage area behind the seat. the two handles on the side help to load the boat onto the roof rack, but when carrying it by myself, it rubs against my thigh. sometimes its in my way when paddling, but you can get use to it.

its tons of fun to ride this in calm water. but even in 1-2ft waves, this kayak handles with ease. maybe the only complaint is that my kid takes it all the time and i have to take the 135T. i might just get a second Tarpon 120.