Submitted: 08-20-2004 by SThatcher

WOW, what a boat. Wanted mid size light vessel; studied Old Town Loon and Perception Sundance. Demoed the latter with the Prijon: no comparison, Prijon rules on all grounds. Hull is ThermoHTP (not rotomolded) thus is light and stiff. Feels more "substantial" than others. Smooth paddling and fast with great tracking rudderless. Cost about 20% more than rotomolded (my dealer says he cannot sell the Prijons because recreationalists want cheap rather than speedy and light). Pay over a thousand for fiberglass, or sixty percent of this for thermo-mold. Weight 42 lbs; find another 12 footer at this weight for under $999 and I'll eat my hat. Portage, storage, cartopping and stroking, weight, my friend, is EVERYTHING in 'yaking. I am very happy to have stumbled onto my Prijon. One caveat: if you are looking for a stable short tourer (ie photography equipment, fishing tackle, etc., DO NOT buy a Capri. Don;t care what they say, much less stable than standard rec boats like Loon and Adventurer (OT). You will have your gear at lakebottom if you try reaching out, moving in the cockpit, etc. Although I can bend my knees up in 'pit (ie ampple room), and the boat has fore and aft storage aplenty, it is tippy (thus light and fast--you make the call). Prijon details, like screw hatch on storage, seat cushions (plush), beverage holder, shock cords with screw downs, 'pit rim, carrying handles are heads above all rec 'yaks. German made, don;t you know. If you cannot afford a Benz, at least spring for a Prijon Capri (or the like). Nothing bad to say. I am 5'9", 165 lbs (agree with below, some reason the site states only for rides up to 18olbs or something; mine will hold anyone under 300lbs I would estimate. My son 9 yo loves it (and has not tipped it like his old man getting in yet-so kid friendly but not "horse-around friendly" as it will tip). Fast boat for size. Paddle: Bending Breeze, same cost as heavier Prijon paddle, lighter weight, recommended. NOw out t the water, laddies, out to the sea.