Submitted: 08-16-2004 by JR Stone

I have had an Ellesmere for 2 seasons and love it. I was attracted to it because it is a fast boat and yet very stable. At 50 Iím not into racing but want the exercise and fun of kayaking. The Elle stays level on top of the waves, leans easy to carve a turn, and she rolls beautifully. I was concerned before I paddled her over long distances that the pommel seat would cause problems with my Sciatica but my legs arenít resting on the front of the seat and I have no complaints about the comfort of the boat. I have read about another buyerís problem with the skeg on this site. I donít usually put it down unless Iím pulling to hard on one side of the boat while paddling. Iím still trying to get the forward stroke completed correctly. When I do use it Iím already out in the water and always pull it up before I near the shore. Michigan is one big sand pile and I just check the skeg before and after paddling to ensure itís clear of debris. I feel absolutely in control whether Iím paddling in a river, inland lake, or Great Lake. It is the perfect boat for me.