Submitted: 08-16-2004 by tommings
Padled a MNII on BWCA lakes for a few days with my wife and our labrador retriever. My wife thought the bow space was way too tight and she is small - I would not consider it for a trip with two larger folks because of that poor leg space up front and the narrow width where they have placed the seat to make it tippier than is enjoyable with a larger less-experienced paddler. The stern seat was not roomy for a large, long-legged person and the foot brace placement was very uncomfortable. As another commenter mentioned, it's not a lovely boat in the wind - altho how many are if you paddle a big boat solo like I did to try it out with a stiff breeze. It did carry very nicely and tracked fairly well in a crosswind considering the bow paddler was very green. In summary I would rent it again, nor will I buy it when I replace my 10-year old royalex beasty.